Monday 24 January 2011

The Spirit of Chobi Mela


Helloo,
Sorry it's been so long since a update but with the opening of galleries and workshops and evening seminars we have been really busy, nobody said this was going to be hard work!

Well 2 days ago, or maybe 3? I forget, each day is a bit of a whirlwind but anyway, it was the grand opening of Chobi Mela!  and they don't celebrations in the U.K like they do in Dhaka.

Oh and while Im here check out the live seminars, discussions and debates every day at www.drik.tv.... 12pm uk time and see what is happening in the world of photography. I'm there so you should be too!

It all started with the traditional march towards the opening ceremony with a marching band, singing and dancing in the street.
It was crazy good fun, then after the opening speeches it was off to the main gallery for the opening ceremony after which it was a trip to the docks for the 12 hour all night cruise down the Buriganga River where it was more music and dancing, food, and amazing sights..... when you could see that is, the smog is pretty thick!

Here is just a small selection of images from the march to Chobi Mela, which I hope captured the spirit of the event I also captured a few videos but I shall put these up at a later date.
I took over 1000 photos yesterday and was awake for more than 26hrs so as soon as I got back to the hotel I passed right out so this is a quick edit to wet your whistles!

Oh and PJD folks, can you let me know what you think of the sequencing, I'v tried to make it a bit of a journey after talking to Peter Bialobrzeski (Yep, I am mingling with the stars!) but there are some redundent images in the edit so help me out if you could!

Enjoy















No comments:

Post a Comment